Top Clearwater Foreclosure Defense Attorney on Your Team
As a Clearwater foreclosure defense attorney, I have witnessed the local housing crisis first-hand.
The foreclosure crisis is far from over, especially in the Greater Tampa Bay area. Check out the alarming statistics from the Realtytrac figures for July, 2012:
- Florida remains the second highest state for foreclosure activity.
- In Pinellas County, 1 in every 308 housing units received a foreclosure filing.
- The foreclosure activity in Pinellas County is up 77% from the year prior.
- In Hillsborough County, foreclosure activity is up a stunning 95% from last year.
You Cannot Afford to Keep Your Head in the Sand
As Clearwater foreclosure defense attorney, there is nothing scarier than when I hear homeowners tell me they are just “letting the house go.” Consumers often have a misperception that by ignoring the foreclosure, they will not suffer other consequences such as credit impairment, deficiency liability, and tax consequences.
Take Action Right Away
When you are served with a foreclosure complaint, you should contact a foreclosure attorney in Clearwater right away. You only have 20 days to respond – otherwise, a default may be entered against you.
The right foreclosure lawyer from Clearwater can review your individual circumstances and direct you to the option(s) that will minimize your long-term financial damage.
What are my Options?
While each case is different, a Clearwater foreclosure lawyer can help you decide how to proceed. Your options might include:
- Foreclosure defense (for both residential and commercial properties)
- Negotiations for a loan modifications, deed-in-lieu of foreclosure, or short sale
- Personal bankruptcy – Chapter 7 or Chapter 13
- Negotiations to request a reduced payoff or payment plan
If you are facing foreclosure, Michael “Mike” Ziegler is a foreclosure defense attorney in Clearwater, Florida, who can help you explore your legal options and identify the best solution to minimize any long-term financial damage.
A common misunderstanding among homeowners facing foreclosure is that their hands are tied and there is nothing they can do other than to simply allow the foreclosure process to run its course.
Nothing could be further from the truth. If you decide to walk away from your home, there might be serious and unanticipated consequences that could potentially wreak havoc on your financial future.
For instance, foreclosure can ruin your credit, make you liable for a “deficiency” judgment, and make it virtually impossible for you to buy a home again anytime soon. Mr. Ziegler is a Clearwater attorney who is well-versed in all aspects of foreclosure defense and can help you through this difficult situation.
Your financial health is too important for you to face the foreclosure process without the assistance of a seasoned legal professional.
If you have recently received a foreclosure notice in Clearwater, Florida, local foreclosure lawyer Mike Ziegler can help you explore your legal options. And yes – you do have options. Being notified that your home is entering the foreclosure process doesn’t mean that all hope is lost. As a foreclosure lawyer, Mike Ziegler can tell you that there are actually many different legal strategies that you can pursue to prevent your home from being taken.
To save your home, your options include:
- Loan modification – Although it can be tricky and require lots of patience and paperwork, obtaining a home loan modification will allow you to keep your home and lower your monthly mortgage payment. The assistance of an experienced foreclosure lawyer can help guide you through the difficult documentation process required by lenders.
- Foreclosure defense – Negotiating for a loan modification with your lender is just one way to stop foreclosure. Another option is to proactively question, through litigation, the lender’s legal right to take your property. Clearwater foreclosure lawyer Mike Ziegler is an aggressive litigator who isn’t afraid to go toe-to-toe with even the biggest lenders.
- Bankruptcy – Filing for bankruptcy, either under Chapter 7 or Chapter 13, will create an automatic stay that halts the foreclosure process. Generally speaking, Chapter 7 offers temporary relief from foreclosure and protects the homeowner from deficiency collection; whereas Chapter 13 offers several long-term solutions to keep your home. Local lawyer Mike Ziegler is thoroughly knowledgeable about state and federal consumer bankruptcy laws and local court rules.
Let me Help You!
With years of experience navigating the housing market and foreclosure courts, I would be honored to be your foreclosure lawyer in Clearwater and the Pinellas county area.
Contact me today for a free consultation. I’ll meet with you during a time that is convenient for your schedule. During the initial meeting, we’ll review your current financial status and discuss the options available to you.
To meet with a qualified Clearwater foreclosure defense attorney, simply fill out the form to the right to. You can also call (727) 538-4188.